Wednesday, November 9, 2011
At my last quilt group meeting we made design boards based on Bee in My Bonnet's tutorial. I finally got mine done. (not that it takes a long time because it's actually a very quick project)
My oldest son did an internship for a company that does charity work overseas, Help International. Here's a video of his group in Lugazi Uganda and the things they accomplished in one summer. It's amazing how much good can done by such a small group of people. Of course, as a good son of a quilter, he looked for fabric to bring home for me. Here's one of the pieces. He didn't know how much to get of each fabric, so he purchased around 4 yards of each! It only cost him about $6!!! So I'm thinking of fussy cutting some squares like this. I made some quick squares (on the left) that I might place in between the african fabric. Still thinking about it. I'll make it into a nice size quilt with a warm cozy flannel on the back, something to cuddle under during the winter months. And I'll still have plenty of the African fabric leftover for another project.
Tuesday, November 1, 2011
My oldest son got engaged over the weekend, so I'll have to let his fiancé in on our secret!