Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Fresh and modern


I finished this top today. It's fresh and modern and it looks like it belongs outside. It's from a pattern called Flower Show from the spring edition of Better Homes and Garden magazine, Perfect for Precuts. It's a twin size quilt and I'm anxious to put it on my friend's quilting machine because I could really use some practice. For years now I've been doing all my machine quilting on my home machine, you know, feed dogs down, and away I go. But I really need to give the big machines a fair chance. The first time I tried, it seems like it took forever just to put the top, batting and back onto the machine. I also just made large stippling waves all over the quilt. This time I'd like to change things up a bit and try some new designs, a few florals, leaves and even some pebbles.

I have two machine quilting idols that I follow in the quilting blog world and they both have amazing talent. The first is Natalia over at Piece N Quilt. The second is Don't Look Now who not only has beautiful quilting designs, but her applique is a one-of-a-kind. I keep thinking if I just stare at their work long enough and often enough that it will rub off on me and next time I attempt the big machine, it will then magically flow onto my quilt.

Wish me luck...

1 comment:

Di~ said...

Nice top Kathi.