Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Scraps and stash

So many people including myself are looking for ways to use up our tons of stash from projects past and I've always loved this particular technique called Snippets. It's so easy to do. I've shown a few of my snippet blocks and quilts before, but I had forgotten about the method and was trying to think of some ways to use up my stash, a personal goal for this year. I whipped up this little block in about 30 minutes. There are a couple of books outlining the technique, but you basically just put Steam-a-Seam on the back of your leftover fabric pieces, free form cut them into shapes. I chose to do flower petals, leaves and a vase. Take the paper backing off and stick it down on your background fabric. The shapes are removable and you can re-position them several times until you get a look you like. Once you like it, iron and it's permanent. Make a huge bouquet and you've used quite a bit of your stash!

This next block was another Pizza Box block. I used the same design as last month because both quilters had such similar colors.


No comments: