Monday, November 1, 2010

Artist in the family



I have no drawing skills at all. In fact, my stick figures are even hard to recognize at times. But my 10 yr old daughter Leah took an art class and came home with these beautiful pictures. I had to frame them and show them off. She loves drawing and is feeling that wonderful confidence that comes when we recognize a new talent. I love seeing her beam with pride at the pictures she can paint or draw. It's hard to find good art classes for young people, so when I passed a sign along the road for art lessons, I jumped on it. I'm hoping her teacher will continue to hold more and more classes. She's a great teacher and taught several different techniques.
So now I've told Leah that she's an artist on paper and I'm an artist with cloth. She gets that. I've also told her how great it feels to be creative in life. It feeds our souls and feeds the souls of those who behold it.

2 comments:

Marjorie said...

Now it's time for you to turn that first one into a quilt!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that art work is from a 10 year old! I am so impressed! It is really quite beautiful and the details are stunning. Tell her that she is amazing and to keep making beautiful art!!