Thursday, October 7, 2010

All Because 2 People Fell in Love




I made this wall hanging for my parents. They'll be celebrating their 60th wedding anniversary next year. My mom suffers from severe memory loss which has been progressing slowly for the past 10 years.

She doesn't remember any of her 12 children (all of us were adopted), so I thought I'd make this wall hanging with all the kids' names and their children's names underneath so at least the names were there for her. I'm already behind on 4 more grandchildren.

The older I get, the more I realize how incredible my parents were and are. They made parenting seem fairly effortless, but oh, do I know better now. Their love and their concern for all of us came from their strong love and bond for each other. Their
prayers for all of us must have worn down their knees because we sure needed a lot of praying for.

Family values are disintegrating all around us and it makes me even more vigilant in my own efforts as a mom to help my children know who they are, how important they are in this world, where they can turn for peace and how much they are loved. It's a foundation in life that every child should have and deserves. Thank you mom and dad for giving me that knowledge.

No comments: