Monday, December 22, 2008

Ballet Angels


My daughter and I made these little ballet angels and she gave some of them to her ballet/dance teachers. I had most of the materials here at home and they went together quickly. Underneath is just a short dowel with a wood bead on top for the head. The arms and legs are binding with a knot tied in the middle for the hands and a knot at each end for the feet. The dress is a piece of lace and the wings are made from some wired ribbon I had around the house or you can use some light tulle. At the neck, we hot glued a little rose bud from some wedding type ribbon. The hardest part was working with the glue gun and lacey, dainty objects. After a couple minor burns, I switched to the low temp gun. It worked beautifully and my fingers were much happier.

1 comment:

Barb said...

Love the angels....
The site is www.savyseams.com/apt/mitt.php#oven for the mitts. How long has your son been out? Have a Wonderful Holiday Season. I have your site under my favorites. If you don't mind, I will post it on my quilting blog www.bejeweledquilts.blogspot.com