Thursday, November 20, 2008

It worked!

I took the words of advice from friends about how to machine applique and the advice worked. I guess I was using a cheap thread, actually it was just your average thread, Coats. But it kept breaking when I tried to applique with it. So I bought Gutterman thread and put it in the bobbin as well. For years I have had problems using the machine to do my applique and this worked like a charm. Here's the vase where I used a satin stitch and then a close up of the flowers where I experimented with a different stitch. I used #24 stitch on my Elna Heirloom Edition machine. For the leaves, I'll pick a different stitch too. I'm so happy it's working so well. It has opened up the applique world to me now. I'm already thinking about what I can do next.

No comments: