Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Friendship block


In my quilt group, Material Girls, each month one of us brings a pattern for a block and sometimes they bring fabric swatches so we can make good matches and then we each make 1 or 2 blocks for that person. It's been so interesting to see which block we'll be doing each month and it forces us to put together patterns, fabrics and designs that a lot of times we would have never picked. Here is the friendship block this month that I just made for Jeanie. She gave us the center square and the 4 corner squares and then asked us to use red, white or black in the strips. I think it turned out darling and can't wait to see all the rest of the squares at our next meeting. It's my turn next month and I'm having a hard time coming up with an idea.




On another note, I saw this design for a wall hanging and since I'm a Bear scout den leader I thought maybe they could make something like this using straws and cutting them into various lengths. If I can find straws in Christmas colors (red, green, gold, silver) I thought it would make a cute wreath wall hanging. We'll see. It may be too labor intensive for 9 year olds, but I thought it was pretty and interesting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice jobs!