Sunday, September 28, 2008

Refreshing blue and yellow



I change things around every so often with my quilts and I decided to put this quilt up on the wall for now because it's so refreshing to look at. There's something about blue and yellow that just makes me feel good when I look at it. Also with this quilt I was able to use so many of my scraps, another reason to feel good. I machine pieced and also machine quilted it. This is about the largest quilt I feel comfortable machine quilting on my home machine. Anything larger than this and I have to send it out to be quilted -at least until I find the funds and the space for a longarm of my own ;)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful quilt! Wouldn't it just be sooo cool to have a long-arm of one's own? When I hit the lottery! lol

Paula said...

Kathi, this quilt is really lovely. You are sure talented!

Myra said...

Hi Kathi!
A lovely blue and yellow! You have some beautiful creations on your blog. I really like your Cinnamon & Ginger Quilt! Gorgeous!!
Thanks for entering my giveaway and your kind words.
Happy stitchings and good luck! 8-)

Jan Lutz said...

Oh I just love the yellow and blue,
it is so fresh!
jan

Nanette Merrill said...

Oh I love yellow and blue together. THis is so darling. I really like the clean lines and the rich colors.