Monday, September 1, 2008

Produce and hooking






It looks like it's salsa time again. The tomatoes are ripe and ready and plentiful. The grapes have been just so-so this year. Some of them are so tasty and others can't seem to ripen. But they're all fun to snack on throughout the day.
It's also time to clear out what seems to be a ton of scraps from projects, so after seeing a beautiful locker hook rug that my friend Diane made, I decided I would try my hand at it. I've got my fabric cut into 1 1/4" strips, have connected them to make one long continuous fabric thread and have begun my practice piece. It's a 10"x10", so it would be a rug for baby's feet only. I'll have to think of something to do with it when I finish. These pictures are some of what I got done today. It really isn't making a dent in my scrap pile but I kind of knew that it wouldn't when I started. So far it's very fun to do and a diversion from my usual quilting.

2 comments:

Di~ said...

Love the veggies and your "hooking" is "looking" good! enjoyed talking yesterday! Are you going to Fall Market?

Jenny said...

Hey, Kathi - I got your apron last night after returning from a weekend out of town. What a great surprise and very punctual. I love it! Thank you so much, and thanks for the recipe (TY Card also in the mail).

I am amazed at your blog, handiwork and the fact that you are mom to 6 kids! Wow. My two kids are wearing me out but I'm having a blast.