Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Hot Pad



Had some free moments the other night while watching a football game with the family and I managed to finish my locker hook rug hot pad. I'm pretty happy that I used so many scraps-just cut them into 1 1/4" strips, connect them together and hook away. At first I was going for an actual design on the pad as you can see with the red stripe at the top, but then I decided I didn't want to think about it that much and just went random but with harmonious colors. I like it. I didn't quite get the tension right on every loop, but it definitely looks homey and homemade. I'm using it on the kitchen table almost like a small table runner in the middle with a candle on top. Rug Maker's Homestead is a great place to see all kinds of rugs, how to make them, etc.

No comments: