Monday, June 2, 2008

Kristina's baptism quilt

Okay, so it took me 4 years to complete, but at least she's still living at home. I've made each of my kids a baptism quilt. They're baptized when they're 8....Kristina is now 12. She's my 4th child and actually my 5th, Leah, has already been baptized. I am working on her quilt now. Hopefully I'll get it done before she's 12.
Kristina requested that I use my stain glass blocks in the quilt. So I put them in the corners.
This is a close up of my hand quilting. It's our family at the time Kristina was baptized.
She was born in Hilton Head Island, SC, but we now live in Idaho so I quilted Hilton Head and Idaho.
I quilted her getting confirmed.

1 comment:

Julia said...

Hi, I just found your blog. I also live in Idaho.
This is the cutest quilt! Our youngest son (who is adopted) will be baptized in Sept. I am making him a quilt with Primary songs on it. Which won't be done for awhile, hopefully before he is made a deacon. :)
Glad that I found you! You have a fun blog to visit!